Missing resume.dat?

avada

Hello!

Something got screwed yesterday during shutdown. And now I see that my torrents window is empty. There is no resume.dat.bad or anything. Just a resume.dat that also has the single torrent I started today... So ami screwed totally? I had like 200-300 torrents categorized and whatnot...

If you don't have a backup you will have to follow the migration guide.

VbScript to backup the .dat files http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=711882#p711882

Dissappointing that utorrents data saving is this weak. At least it would save multiple *.old files.

BTW I have a hunch that utorrent had a good resume.dat.old but instead overwrote it after multiple starts with a new empty one. I have µt on autostart, so I didn't notice immediately that something's wrong.

Anyway. Tried to recover old variants of resume .dat with filescavanger, but even the one that was shown good wasn't accepted by µt. Anyway to salvage parts of it?

• 4 months later...

Dissappointing that utorrents data saving is this weak. At least it would save multiple *.old files.

Yeah' date=' sad especially for utorrent novices like me. :([/quote']

Anyone and everyone over the age of nine or ten years old that uses a computer for anything SHOULD know that making backups of essential data and settings is THE ONE AND ONLY ABSOLUTE RULE TO BE APPLIED.

Being a 'novice' is not an excuse, and hoping that applications will maintain heir own foolproof backup systems on the same HDD is foolhardy.

Anyone and everyone over the age of nine or ten years old that uses a computer for anything SHOULD know that making backups of essential data and settings is THE ONE AND ONLY ABSOLUTE RULE TO BE APPLIED.

Being a 'novice' is not an excuse, and hoping that applications will maintain heir own foolproof backup systems on the same HDD is foolhardy.

Quit the condescending dramatic crap. µtorrent is just weak in this thing. One expects a decent program to not loose anything older than the current session. Or if it makes back-ups since the last backup. But µt just automatically overwrote the old backup file with the newly generated one.

Quit the condescending dramatic crap.
Try to consider that this is a public forum so non-specific answers are ALSO meant for the general population who may actually search and find this thread.

If I was aiming to insult your intelligence directly, You can be assured that there would be no doubt regarding my intentions.

Or if it makes back-ups since the last backup. But µt just automatically overwrote the old backup file with the newly generated one.

As do just about EVERY application that performs automatic recovery backups. Such a 'backup' method is purely for 'crash' recovery NOT data security. That is your responsibility.

Archived