Utorrent knocks out my internet instantly in new Costa Rican apartment

jmsmackdown

I am renting an apartment in Costa Rica at the moment and I am a longtime torrent user in the states, but I just cannot get it to work right here.

The internet came with the apartment so I do not have access to the router or anything.

Basically whenever I even open utorrent the internet will go from fast as usual to just not even able to connect to a web page. It seems to knock out the internet on this computer only until I uninstall and restart the computer.

It is a somewhat slow connection, I think it maxes out downloading at about 300kb/s when I download from Chrome or something but uTorrent just seems to take over my internet even when its not downloading anything.

Any help or tips out there?

on windows 7 64 btw

so far Ive done

"Try lowering net.max_halfopen to 4 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

Try lowering bt.connect_speed to 4 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

Try disabling IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu

Try disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

Try disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection)

Try disabling peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

Try lowering maximum global number of connections to 200? 100? 50? Lower? (Can be found in Preferences > Bandwidth)

Try disabling uTP? (Set Preferences > Advanced > bt.transp_disposition to 5)"

no help

lowered it to like 50 connections and super slow download/upload speed and when a torrent is going (and often when no torrent is going) my web is completely disabled. not even like slow as in 'can't connect to any web page' slow

Archived