Crashing since upgrade

Bad2BoneMMA

Hi Newbie in the house.

I've used utorrent for years and this is the 1st time I've had any Problems serious enough to contact you. I'm not up on the tech banter so will tell you what my problem is Best I can

Since upgrading to latest version. I started to download from TPB. Everything went good until 5 minutes into download. My system crashed and I got the blue screen message,

"Windows detected a problem and closed down to save your system. Memory dump"

Can you give me some assistance.

If you need to contact me. I'm on twitter under the same name. And you have my email addey.

Thank you.

What internet security software do you have installed?

What network adapter does your computer use to connect to the internet?

McAfee 2013 and I'm on a Sky Network.

If This is the wrong info you require for Network Adapter I'm lost as I said I'm not up on the tech banter.

Thanks for the quick response.

I am having the same problems since the upgrade earlier today.

Blue screen and PC reboots, my security is Norton Internet security.

Not sure if any other programs are conflicting, had Skype and Firefox on both occasions when this happened.

First time in many years of using Utorrent.

I am having the same problems since the upgrade earlier today.

Blue screen and PC reboots, my security is Norton Internet security.

Not sure if any other programs are conflicting, had Skype and Firefox on both occasions when this happened.

First time in many years of using Utorrent.

O.K. Now I'm worried. Thanks for your input friend. So It's not just a McAfee problem.

Shit. Excuse the language.But I love to share. And although I'm not a tech savvy guy but this is more serious than i 1st thought.

Anyway of going back to 1 of the older versions I will still support utorrent either way. I'm just unsure what to do now.

Thanks ETX for stating that. I'm not alone. lol shit.

I have uninstalled it and gone back to an older version I downloaded from Filehippo (build 29565) who seem to have plenty of old versions in case anyone is after an old version.

I shall try it and let you know how I get on.

Thx.

I have uninstalled it and gone back to an older version I downloaded from <site not allowed> (build 29565) who seem to have plenty of old versions in case anyone is after an old version.

I shall try it and let you know how I get on.

Thx.

Ye cool that would be great. As you see the site name wasn't allowed so Thanks again I'll wait for your update.

Cheers from Eire my friend.

The root cause of bluescreen crashes happens in applications that install kernel-level drivers (internet security software does this) or kernel level drivers themselves (network adapter drivers, etc)

uTorrent is NOT the root cause of ANY bluescreen, only a trigger at most.

I understand that. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

If it's the same I'll do as you suggested 1st.

Respects.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem. Blue screen happens quite often.

Never when I am connected to dock station. First I thougt that something is wrong with the power supply, but unfortunatelly not. In blue screen netio.sys is mention as the cause of the problem.

Blue screen never happens when utorrent is not working.

My comp Dell E6350, wireless internet adapter in use, windows 7 pro

On my older Dell with xp and same security soft McAfee and same utorrent version such situation never happens. I suspect that utorrent can be trigger for this blue screen.

Please help.

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem. Blue screen happens quite often.

Never when I am connected to dock station. First I thougt that something is wrong with the power supply, but unfortunatelly not. In blue screen netio.sys is mention as the cause of the problem.

Blue screen never happens when utorrent is not working.

My comp Dell E6350, wireless internet adapter in use, windows 7 pro

On my older Dell with xp and same security soft McAfee and same utorrent version such situation never happens. I suspect that utorrent can be trigger for this blue screen.

Please help.

I have to say Its still happening to me. Ever since the last Update. That's all. Thanks everyone who tried to help. I have stopped Using it until I figure out what exactly it is that's causing this Bullshit. :(

Sorry for my French. Peace out ;)

Archived