Cant add torrents on my parents internet.

MindsMirror

I can normaly add torents just fine, usualy using magnet links.

When I go to my parents house and try to add a torrent using the magnet link, utorrent opens, but the torrent doesnt show up. When I try to add it again, it says it is already in the list and asks to add trackers. The torrent is not visible, so I am unable to delete it if it is actually there. The only way I have found to fix it is to reinstall utorrent and restore all settings to default. Then I am able to add torrents as usual.

This is very strange because it only happens at my parents house, so it must be something specific to the router or internet connection. Unfortunately I dont remember the model of the router. I is also strange because after reinstalling, I can add the torrents as usual.

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue without reinstalling and resetting the settings? Or how to stop it from happening in the first place?

Well, I'm not at my parents house, so I cant check that right now. I don't know how they would end up with a hidden label though. Most of my settings except for some queuing and bandwidth setting would all be at default since the last few times this happened. I will check that though next time I'm there, but I suspect that I wont find anything.

Aditionaly, as far as I recall, the dialog box that normaly shows up to choose the path and files when you add the torrent doesnt pop up. But I could be remembering that wrong, Its been a few weeks since the last time I was there.

Archived