After deleting several torrents, selection stays active

heilong

uTorrent 3.3 build 29625, but this was present earlier as well, not sure when it appeared.

When I select several torrents and delete them, the selection stays active, just moves to the other torrents that are now occupying the same spots in the list as the deleted torrents were.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Add several torrents to the list

2) Select some of them

3) Press the "DEL" key to delete them

Expected results:

Selected torrents deleted and the selection is cleared (I expect nothing to be selected at this point)

Actual results:

Selected torrents deleted, and the same number of (different) torrents in the list are selected

This is quite a big problem for me, especially because sometimes on my keyboard the CTRL key gets stuck. For example I select a few finished torrents, press delete, then a bunch of other unfinished torrents is left selected. I then spot another finished torrent I missed and click it and press DEL, normally the selection would change to just this torrent so I would only delete it, but if my CTRL is stuck at the moment, that torrent just gets added to the selection, which includes unfinished torrents that I don't want to delete. With this bug, I have to pay attention and make sure CTRL is not stuck, e.g. confirm what I'm deleting (normally I wouldn't have to, I don't usually make mistakes like that).

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've had this too, but mine differs in that the new selections are in random spots. I haven't reported it because I never tested without the Wacom software hooking stuff. Speaking of, please follow the bug reporting sticky in this board.

And see if you can unstick your key. If it's a standard USB keyboard you can probably pop the key and clean it ::P

teps to reproduce:

1) Add several torrents to the list

2) Select some of them

3) Press the "DEL" key to delete them

Expected results:

Selected torrents deleted and the selection is cleared (I expect nothing to be selected at this point)

It is a Windows issue with grid controls, not a specific uTorrent one.

If you have MS Excel try selecting several rows and then deleting them, you will see the exact same behavior there, the selection simply moves to a different set of rows.

• 4 months later...

Older versions of uTorrent (1.8.*): work fine

All other windows software: work fine

Latest version of uTorrent (3.3.2): exhibits bug

Additional symptom of the same problem: when new torrents appear in the list shifting the existing results, the selection fails to shift with the results to stay on the same actual items. The cause is pretty apparent. Actions on the control that change its content are not generating events to update selection accordingly, which is a pretty spectacular disconnect and oversight to basic control functionality.

And there's no need to pass the buck here. Whatever issue may or may not originate in Microsoft libraries, everyone else seems to be able to deal with it just fine...probably by resetting selection manually after performing content-changing operations, or by properly handling control-raised change events in external component which should be respecting the control's internal state rather than superceding it with outdated details.

Archived