Disk overload message when disk doesn't appear to be overloaded

icebox

I'm using 3.3 build 29625 on a fully updated win 7 installation. I am getting a disk overload 99% message that is not changing, though the program is otherwise responsive. Torrents all go to a 3GB Seagate sata drive. I occasionally get overloads when I've had to restart and downloads are going on, the combination of rechecking and downloading usally gets an overload. But that is a dynamically changing overload, and I can do things to stop it. I have one torrent downloading, but that's it right now. Nothing is rechecking. I look at the resource monitor, it says there is not significant activity on the drive, and none of that activity is from utorrent. I don't want to restart again because the program takes forever to recheck stuff. Any ideas?

I don't want to restart again because the program takes forever to recheck stuff.
Shut it down cleanly and it wont need to recheck on startup.

"Disk overloaded" does not actually mean the disc is actually overloaded it simply means there is more 'items' in the queue than uTorrent thinks is 'good'.

Setting your cache size to be in the 128M to 512M (smaller is better) and setting 'Pre-allocate' to on can reduce the problem

I don't want to restart again because the program takes forever to recheck stuff.

"Disk overloaded" does not actually mean the disc is actually overloaded it simply means there is more 'items' in the queue than uTorrent thinks is 'good'.

Setting your cache size to be in the 128M to 512M (smaller is better) and setting 'Pre-allocate' to on can reduce the problem

We have a Sherlock here! The thing is it doesn't shutdown cleanly! It doesn't shutdown at all, stays on for hours in background, forcing you to end task! Result: Hours of recheck. Does it end with that? NO! Still overload and the same thing all over again!

We have a Sherlock here! The thing is it doesn't shutdown cleanly! It doesn't shutdown at all' date=' stays on for hours in background, forcing you to end task! Result: Hours of recheck. Does it end with that? NO! Still overload and the same thing all over again![/quote']

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=737190

This has been an ongoing problem and so far the only response has been to blame the user.

Same problem. Not fixed yet. And yes, it is better to close the thread mentioned above than to really solve the problem.

My setup now: Win 2008 R2 SP1 x64

Single HDD 7200k (WD Caviar Black)

uTorrent 3.3.1 beta x32

Pre-allocate is on

Write cache on, size 128

Set process priority to 'above normal'.

Monitoring... problem comes up when I add few large torrents simultaneously.

Archived