Files appear in UTorrent but are empty in external hard drive

ellaru

I have downloaded several torrents which appear with content in UTorrent. However when I plug my external hard drive in to play the files appear empty. Some just have no data while others give me an error message reading "Failed to read USB: Please remove the device and connect it again"... which I have done to no avail.

I have had instances where no data has actually transferred to the file before and assumed they were bad torrents and just tried again but the Failed to Read USB message is new. I plugged the device back into my computer and re-populated my torrent list and noticed that the files contain something. Is there a way I can transfer the data onto my hard drive or do I have to download them all again? Normally only every odd download goes astray but I happened to download a largish batch this time and it seems that most, but not all, of them have this error.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

If the *same* files are OK, and are playable on your local machine and "broken" outside of it - how can that be related to uTorrent?

Regarding restoring them - force-recheck should do the trick, unless our external player had something to do with erasing them...

Archived