Slowdown download speed when I open certain program.

hansdg16

I tried searching the forums, and googled it too. so if this was ask before I'm sorry.

so I thought to ask if there is a feature to slow down download speed or set it to a maximum speed when I open a certain app in my PC.

for example, some online games or when my browser is opened the maximum download speed would be reduced so my gaming or browsing won't be slowed dramatically and when i'm not playing or browsing the speed will automatically go up. It would be a cool feature too for some if it is not implemented yet.

if there is, Please enlighten me.

Thanks. I'm still a newbie user of utorrent so please bear with me. :)

There's no way to slow it down automatically. The setting that ciaobaby linked will shut down transfers entirely every time you move the mouse.

The way I handled it when I was gaming a lot, but not on a regular schedule, is I used the Scheduler. I set every single box on the scheduler to "Limited" and then put my preferred limited speed(s) in the appropriate box(es). Then, whenever you want to throttle your connection to play games, all you have to do is right-click on the icon in the system tray and check "Enable Scheduler." When you're done, just right-click and uncheck it to go back to your normal maximum.

(In my case, I was just limiting my upload bandwidth, because I found that my downloads could go full bore without affecting my gaming ability. I had to keep my upload rate capped about about 35% of my available bandwidth, because any higher could negatively impact my game.)

There's no way to slow it down automatically. The setting that ciaobaby linked will shut down transfers entirely every time you move the mouse.

Yes, that's true I should really have added a proviso to it stating.

Given the apparent inabilty of uTorrent v3 to actually limit transfer rates reliably, the only option is: ....

Archived