Is setting max upload cap really a must?...

kulmegil

I have a 1,5/1,5 Mb/s connection.

Leaving upload speed uncapped makes my download speed drop from usuall 160-175kB/s up to 100-120kB/s. Setting it around 165 solves the problem, but I would like to leave it uncapped (for the sake of LAN/MAN torrenting where speeds go above my ISP limit). Is it possible, can anyone help what options to look at?

Could it be because of the way how my ISP throttle my connection?

Anyway I don't get it why... upload limit should be set to protect my other activities (like websurfing). But it looks that uT choke himself when not limited. I'm not too much on how tcp/ip works but I think it's not suppose to happen on my type of connection.

In my connection there can be separated 3 zones : 100Mbps LAN are connected together into our ISPs MAN (~20Mbps) and I-net zone with depands on how much you pay.

It may also be because µTorrent "sees" a 100 megabit ethernet connection your computer is connected to...and think it can run at that speed?

TCP/IP networking either assumes almost "silence" from one side (meaning only uploading or downloading, but not both) or it requires strict limits to prevent bursty behavior with considerable packetloss.

Archived