"port is not open" can only seed to single leecher.

will2power

I am new to the forum and was hoping to get an answer to a problem I have had for a long time. When I use u-torrent to seed I can only seed to a single user, I cannot connect to other leechers. It is not a one off thing, it happens always, I got a friend to check and he reported I was unreachable from his side. The leecher I can connect to shows a U EP, all others small "u". When I run the u-torrent set up guide bandwidth and speed are good 1.5Mbits but network always comes up with "port is not open (you are still able to download)".

Laptop PC is configured with u-torrent 3.3, running Win7, my ISP is Japanese, So-net,

Main desktop is also running u-torrent 3.3 but with Win XP

I have followed all sections in "Connection Setup" including "Using UPnP or NAT-PMP" "Manually forwarding a port" "Setting up a static IP"and "Forwarding your port in the router". Could there be something in the modem or coming from the ISP closing the port and stopping connections? I used 2 computers and a wireless network, I followed "port forwarding" instructions for both, is there perhaps some problem between the computers?

I might have missed a few things as one PC is running Japanese Windows (7) and modem info is also in Japanese and I am not always sure I have translated 100% accurately, if you suspect something let me know, sorry for being not so clear, I am taking some screenshots now and will post if needed, I have spent a long time on this and always give up, if I can get it working I will be very happy!

Thanks for your help in advance, and advice greatly appreciated, even if you think I have done already please suggest.

Archived