Port issues/random port/auto port box is clicked

rezurrected

Firstly, when you open the set up guide it has the auto port box checked and when you run a bandwidth speed check and the network connectivity/port open test it gives 10k on up port numbers. but yet you recommend in your one of the forums to use a port range of 6881-6889, nothing below 1025 or something.

Secondly, when I manually put in the port # 6888 and run the test from Mountain View, CA the bandwidth speed gets a red X, the network connection gets the green check mark. None of my torrents are seeding they sit there and try every 30 minutes to find a tracker. Interestingly enough, when I first used your program(v2.2) it worked great, but then, after less then a day of use it won't operate, work, function properly and basically, I'm very frustrated because I've read other forums suggestions and I've tried most everybody's suggestion so far except here because this my first posted question.

Finally, I updated to your version 3.whatever and it doesn't work either. OS Windows 7, Toshiba laptop Satellite A665 (has lot's of memory still). I have so many problems about the program right now I'm at a loss for words. With all due respect, maybe the pending lawsuit on the patent infringement has everybody on edge. I'd like to use your program again if it would work.

One other issue, I ran tests where I got two green checks, but the orange triangle kept showing up in the lower right corner instead of where I would have hoped to see a green check mark.

Understood. I have an IPS on the bad list so I enabled protocol encryption and it appears to back in business. I did see that port recommendation for uTorrent somewhere; that'd be a rather silly thing for me to make up, wouldn't you agree?:cool:

Were all good now though. thank you for your consideration and support.

"When there's doubt, there is no doubt".

rezurrected

Archived