uTorrent puts torrent files in wrong folder

thenihilest

Ever since I "up"graded to 2.2.1 all my torrent files are saved in a different folder than I have set it to. I never had this problem with previous versions. Actually, it saves the torrent file in the wrong folder, in addition to also being in the right folder(though if I erase it from the wrong folder, it no longer appears in the right one). Downloaded files and temp files go where they're supposed to. It's only the torrent file itself that is in the wrong place. The thing is, the folder it's going to is a folder I use for other things, so the torrent files are in the way and clutter up the place.

I have it set so all files uTorrent-related should go in C:\Users\Me\Documents\uTorrent. Instead, the torrent files go to C:\Users\Me\Documents.

I run Windows 7 64 bit FWIW.

Try clicking on your options in upper left of your uTorrent file list page...then pick preferences and you will get another popup window...then pick directories on the left hand column and you'll get a page where it will ask you to enter your preferred download location...navigate to your desired/preferred download location and then do the same for where it asks where to move your finished downloads whether the same or a different location for this, When you click on OK this will save these locations as your preferred download locations and these will remain this way until you change them repeating the above steps to change them...Best to you...:)

Archived