No doubt dumb install problem, but what?

TrevorS

I've WinXP SP2 and am currently running uTorrent 3.3.1 build 29812. I installed it by downloading the win version from this website and double clicking on the "EXE" file (whereupon the install window opened).

I'm now trying to install build 30017, also downloaded from this site. I completely exited my current uTorrent (did not de-install) and double clicked on the new "EXE" file. No install window opened. I retried several times and redown-loaded twice, the window doesn't open. What's the problem?

PS. If I double click on the build 29812 "EXE" instead, it opens -- why not 30017?

Unblock it from utorrent.exe's Properties, you're welcome. :)

Well, thanks for the input, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to figure out how to apply it. I checked the properties at the desktop shortcut, but didn't find anything associated with blocking anything. Come to think of it, I should probably have checked the "EXE" the shortcut was pointing to -- oh well, will have to take another look :)!

In any case, build 30017 is running now. Appears the install window won't open if another version is still installed. I had to remove 29812 with saved settings, and then I was able to open the 30017 install window. There were no further problems.

Archived