Remove And -> Delete .torrent not working

Triebr

When I try to remove a torrent and it's .torrent file by right clicking on the torrent and going to Remove And -> Delete .torrent, it removes the torrent from uTorrent but the .torrent file doesn't get deleted like it should,

I'm using 3.3.1. Any advice on this issue?

Thanks

When i double click a .torrent file, uTorrent opens and begins downloading that torrent. Once it finishes downloading I press Remove And -> Delete .torrent, expecting it to delete the original .torrent file I opened in the first place. Is this an incorrect assumption?

Once it finishes downloading I press Remove And -> Delete .torrent, expecting it to delete the original .torrent file I opened in the first place. Is this an incorrect assumption?

That's right. uTorrent doesn't touch that one. It only handles the copy it uses for its internal processing which is either in %appdata%\utorrent, the folder you have your settings.dat AND utorrent.exe file in, or the setting "Store .torrent files in" under preferences - directories.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue for a long time, on all tested computers (XP 32-bit, Win7 64-bit, Win8 64-bit...).

Quite often (most of the time, in fact), some .torrent (in %appdata%) aren't deleted. Sometimes it's deleted, sometimes not, looks like complete random.

Same problem with the downloaded files themselves.

If I recall correctly the issue began with µTorrent 3.x, and the situation never improved since then.

• 6 months later...

Archived