[Solved] uTorrent slow, Vuze faster

anthonyfleck

Hello!

First I would like to start off by saying I have a very complicated network connection... I can't tell you exactly how it is set up, because I do not know. My ISP is a wanker, and I am behind some sort of double NAT'd network configuration. Possibly a CGNAT/LSN of some sort. I don't precisely know. The main problem I have is that I cannot forward any ports, and I have a private IP address.

After following many setup guides, recommendations on the forums as well as YouTube guides. I have decided to finally post. I would like to mention that I do have a green network icon in uTorrent. I'll post some screenshots below..

My Speed Test

3231587874.png

uTorrent Settings

60P0M5V.png

sNQZ5RO.png

QffF2vv.png

*I only just recently disabled DHT, as I read somewhere to try that. It didn't make a difference whether it was on or off.

I have not touched the advanced settings.

The torrent in question is Ubuntu 13. In uTorrent I am only achieving speeds of about 5-10kb/s on average. Sometimes it will spike to 50-60kb/s but never anything higher. In Vuze, I am getting around 700-900kb/s on the same torrent. I am not sure, but I think it's worth noting that my upload speed is nearly always maxed (34kb/s).

Now, I hate Vuze. I only installed it to try and see what would happen because some forums recommended it for it's RC4 encryption. I am not sure if this is the solution to my issue or not.. But I don't want to use Vuze and I want to figure out how to fix whatever is going on here. I know it's difficult because of my situation (ISP NAT) but I am hoping somebody can help :)

Ok... Thanks for the reply.

So I have uninstalled uTorrent 3.4 and reinstalled uTorrent 3.3. I have also removed all the uTorrent files in AppData/Roaming/uTorrent. Followed these two guides:

http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/connection-setup

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58404

And still am having the same issues. I am using Windows Firewall, which I have checked to allow incoming and outgoing connections for uTorrent. I have also tried removing the items from the allowed lists and letting Windows recreate them on it's own.

-edit-

After uninstalling uTorrent, clearing all settings files, downloading uTorrent 2.2.1, and installing that. I followed the guide for conservative torrenting, with a few tweaks to the numbers, and am no longer having issues. Speeds have returned to normal, it's hard to say if this is a version issue, configuration issue on my part, or something my ISP has done. Anyway... Solved.

Archived