uTorrent massive ram consumption increase

Snakeulescu

So to elaborate the problem. I have a new gigabit connection and my download speed can now reach 80-90 mb/s. The problem i have is with big torrents (with exceed 4-5 gb). Everytime i download something bigger my ram consumption continues to grow right to the point where utorrent crashes. After i open it up all the data is gone and almost none of it is written. I have to mention that i keep disk cache at 1700 cause if i keep it lower or uncheck it will give me disk overload 100% of the time (had same problem even with 100 mb connection). I have 8 gb of ram, but i dont have an ssd so i think that`s the problem. 

Anyway guys i will apreciate some tips, workarounds, fixes... but please dont come with "buy an ssd", i have that in plan.

Same thing, the ram goes up around 4gb and then crash. only happens with big torrents if they hit speeds past 18mb/s. and i cant figure out why. tried with multiple torrents (episodes of tv series, 720p) of around 2gb each, 4 of them. total speed was 100 mb/s and no freakin` problem...

Archived