Seeding my own torrent - can't seem to be able to start

psypoker

Hello.

I have a problem with the upload speed of my own torrent. IDK why does it even says "downloading". It's true I unchecked the "seed" option when creating torrent, but I did opended in manualy when the file was created, so I conlcuded it will auto-recognize with the files connecting to torrent and they will be just seeded, not acting like I'm downloading those files ... I already have them ...

There are 5 peers but only rarely it shows like 0.2, 0.3 kbps as an upload activity. However, some files do upload pretty fast as the total upload speed is 628 kbps at the moment. (DL is the true max speed, if it mathers)

I tried to do "force start" in the case some limits would be the problem. Didn't help.

All my speed are set to 0 meaning unlimited.

My upload speed (from testmy.net) shows Upload: 7.4 Mbps | 924 kB/s

There is no indication that my ISP rate limits my uploads.

Any idea what did I do wrong about seeding this torrent created by me?

IDK why does it even says "downloading". It's true I unchecked the "seed" option when creating torrent, but I did opended in manualy when the file was created, so I conlcuded it will auto-recognize with the files connecting to torrent and they will be just seeded, not acting like I'm downloading those files ... I already have them ...

Something changed the files in between you creating the torrent and you loading the torrent.

If the percentage completed is 0 however, you pointed uTorrent at the incorrect folder layer.

Ty for this. I suspect I maybe renamed something, but can't remember what exactly.

Do you have any advice or idea how to solve this? Can I see the .torrent file any information on which folder does it connect in my computer or something similar? If not, can I re-create torrent? But then the one shared on xy site won't be compiliable, anymore I guess.

I actualy tried to copy the whole map from desktop to /downloads files (as it is set as dl/up folder) to be recognized as alreay downloaded and then hoped it will start to seed auto., but yeah, if the renaming anything was the problem, I need to think in that way.

Root says just / and then folders. So I guessed the root is without any main folder, actualy, although I did create a torrent by selecting a folder. So I guess this folder is somehow "ignored" and the real root folder is where the .torrent file is. I copied all the folders from main folder to the desktop (where the .torrent file is) and deleted the torrent from list and re-opneded it and it did checked well and now it seeds well.

Problem was my poor unerstanding of root folders when creating .torrent file.

Thank you again.

Archived