Sorting in 3.4.x

Trelligan

Previously I could sort on a secondary column; this worked in 3.3.x. It stopped working in 3.4, and now that 3.4.1 is out without a fix I thought I'd draw attention to it.

One of my workflows is to:

- Select Downloading in the left pane

- Click on the Seeds column twice, to sort decreasing

- Shift-click on '#' once or twice, to sub-sort on number.

The shift-click is the function which stopped working in 3.4.

Another use for this is to first sort on Label, then shift-click on Size or Added. I can then scroll down to the variety of download and see which are the smallest or oldest. One might say that the Labels selection on the left would serve, but then completed and downloading items are mixed - and would have to be sub-sorted out.

My main reason behind all this is to cull out downloads that have been inactive for too long, and expedite downloads that (currently) have lots of seeds available.

Another reason is to cull out completed items that are no longer uploading, as some sites actually penalize excessive numbers of active shares. The active queuing that uTorrent supports helps out there.

OCD? Yes, it's doing fine when last I checked...

Previously I could sort on a secondary column; this worked in 3.3.x. It stopped working in 3.4, and now that 3.4.1 is out without a fix I thought I'd draw attention to it.

One of my workflows is to:

- Select Downloading in the left pane

- Click on the Seeds column twice, to sort decreasing

- Shift-click on '#' once or twice, to sub-sort on number.

The shift-click is the function which stopped working in 3.4.

Another use for this is to first sort on Label, then shift-click on Size or Added. I can then scroll down to the variety of download and see which are the smallest or oldest. One might say that the Labels selection on the left would serve, but then completed and downloading items are mixed - and would have to be sub-sorted out.

My main reason behind all this is to cull out downloads that have been inactive for too long, and expedite downloads that (currently) have lots of seeds available.

Another reason is to cull out completed items that are no longer uploading, as some sites actually penalize excessive numbers of active shares. The active queuing that uTorrent supports helps out there.

OCD? Yes, it's doing fine when last I checked...

I never knew this feature was even available -- very handy! I, too, would love if this feature could be restored.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived