Exclude TV series specials from RSS download?

Chewy74

So I wanted to know if there was anyway to exclude specials that airs for TV Shows from downloading from RSS feeds. So an example would be... I have True Blood set up to download all new episodes, but then it airs a special for an inside look behind the scenes of the show and cast, it will match and download it.

I don't want to download these specials that these shows airs and not sure if there's anyway to filter them from downloading without effecting normal season matching and downloading.

Thanks

make a new rule in the RSS (Control+R) and you should be able to exclude the things you don't want, like say "internal" and such, the help file on the RSS was of great help. especially if these torrents have the word Special in them than you can easily put Special into the RSS Not field and it won't download it. Because it contains Special.

Thanks for the suggestion, but not all of the specials contains that word. For example, true blood came out with a special called "Farewell to Bonus Temps" with no references to the word 'special' so that was the question... How do you filter these from auto downloading.

• Episode number is to download only specific ep numbers, say to avoid releases of old episodes. It supports multiple formats. For example, to download only the first 12 episodes of season 1, type in 1x1-1x12 or 1x1-12. Or to download starting from episode 13 of season 1 and include all later seasons, type in 1x13-

use the Episode number in the RSS section, it comes directly from the RSS help if you want to only have it download say from 2 to 13 (because it is airing tonight) but honestly I don't see whats the difference unless your bandwidth is restricted or idk, Just leave it as it is and just delete the torrent and data by right clicking on it if one shows up. Also I looked into it and it was a S07E00 which I doubt they'll even air anymore of them since the season has started. Maybe at end of the season? But I doubt it.

I know about the episodes entry box, but using that forces you to use a season number in conjunction with the episode numbers. So after the current season ends, you have to remember to update the season number for the next season or it won't download when it comes back on. For a heavy rss user with a lot of shows that are auto downloading, that is tedious and hard to keep track of. I don't follow show schedules very closely, so I normally just set up a show filter and rely on the rss filter to let me know a new season is out.

Also, yes it's just an episode and can easily be deleted after, but some of use torrent on private trackers that are ratio dependant. So downloading something you didn't want could mean blowing your ratio.

Archived