Delete Empty Folders

RosalieRMX

You mean uTorrent should delete an empty folder by default? I have never seen it do so. Is there a related setting?

I don't think there's a permissions issue on my end and the folders are empty, except perhaps for a thumbs file.

Yes, if this was created by it as a subfolder for that torrent. Try deleting the thumbs file, then the torrent.

I looked, but there weren't even thumbs. Tried with Remove and delete data and Remove and delete and torrent, but it doesn't delete the empty folder. I presume this is meant to work with folders created by the RSS Downloader.

Is this - deleting a folder if it was created by uTorrent and left empty after a Remove command - a new feature? I have never seen uTorrent remove an empty folder, according to my memory.

The folders in question are located in "X:\[Main Folder]\[~]" and are usually called "• Example" or "• (Example)".

It seems, in my installation, uTorrent will indeed automatically delete folders but only if they were part of the torrent. IE, torrents with multiple files stored in a subfolder.

In case of single file torrents, even if a subfolder is generated for them by uTorrent, only the file is removed and the empty folder remains.

It would be my guess that with multiple file torrents, the subfolder is part of the torrent.

rafi, you are a gentleman. Do you know if there's a way to trigger a third party utility (when uTorrent removes a torrent)?

DreadWing, a request to add deletion of empty folders left by single file torrents is not going to be processed, right?

I haven't had this problem in ages. Are yo using one of the recent beata or stable builds...I've been trying to reproduce this on multiple music album torrents but I cannot... After the download is complete folders and subs (cd1, cd2, etc.) are created. Deleting .torrent and data deletes all folders on my end. Maybe like Rafi said permission issue on your storage drive for completed downloads.

In the end I solved it with TheFolderSpy, hstart, DirClean and Task Scheduler.

• Task Scheduler starts TheFolderSpy after startup, with the parameter -h
  • TheFolderSpy monitiors uTorrent's download directory for the deletion of certain file types
  • If such a file is deleted, TheFolderSpy triggers hstart.exe with the parameters "/NOCONSOLE DirClean.exe -i "C:\Example" -d -r"
  • DirClean scans uTorrent's download folder for empty folders and deletes them.

It works quickly and without fuss. The parameter -h launches TheFolderSpy as a tray icon, and by using hstart to start DirClean the Command Prompt window runs invisibly.

Note that hstart and DirClean are placed in a folder together and that the parameters used (by TheFolderSpy) for hstart must be enclosed in quotes as a whole.

I haven't had this problem in ages.

I don't think uTorrent should delete any folder it does not create itself. With single file torrents, the option to *create*  a subfolder is even disabled in the add-torrent dialog. No one knows if in that subfolder of *yours* you do not plan to have or have additional files.

Archived