Ping Timeout

MrMMM

Hello,

I have been using uTorrent for several years without any issues. Lately, I have noticed a big problem - Whenever uTorrent is running (not even downloading anything) I can barely use the internet. When pinging 8.8.8.8 I get about 25% packet loss. If i turn off uTorrent, everything goes back to normal. This happens on all devices connected through the same router. I have tried lowering number of connections, but all that did was lower my download speed without getting rid of the ping timeout problem. What should I look at? What steps should I take to test and try to find the source of the problem?

Thank you.

So, the issues is not going away. When I start uTorrent everything works fine. After awhile though, something happens to the network. At that time any new torrents stop downloading with the status "connecting to peers". I then have to restart uTorrent and after that I have a few hours where everything (my network and uTorrent) works fine. As I mentioned, I do not think that my router has an SPI firewall, at least there are no settings for it in the admin section (I am using a ZyXel Keenetic wifi router). Any ideas what I can try to change to get it to work normally again?

Thank you.

Archived