introzen Posted October 11, 2014 Report Share Posted October 11, 2014 Hi! First of all I want to say that this is my first post so if this lands in the wrong section, forgive me. I've used µTorrent for years now and I've never had any problems with it. But recently (after the latest update I suspect), When I download files, the µTorrent tells me it's 100% complete. But when I run the installer of the program, it says some files are corrupted. And so I've searched for solutions over the internet and couldn't find anything. However, I went back into µTorrent, stopped the seeding and then did: "Right click on torrent>Force Recheck" When I did this, suddenly the torrent was at 99.9% and one small little tiny piece of the torrent was missing. This has never occured before, and I've checked all file permissions, usage and so on. The torrent files are not being used by another program or anything like that. µTorrent somehow believes that the torrent is completed when it is not. This 100kb of data missing is the key to completeing the setup. This has happend on over three torrents now and it's starting to piss me off. I'm figuring of switching to another client. I've tried the following:>Fresh restart of windows and then opening only µTorrent to make sure no other programs are using the folder to in which I download files.>Reinstalled µTorrent.>Reinstalled Windows. And done nothing but install µTorrent to download. Still this problem occurs.Running µTorrent on Intel i7 950 3.07GHz. Windows 8.1 64-bit. P.S. After I recheck the torrent, it downloads the last 0.01% as it should and the program setup works just fine. So the torrent itself is not corrupted. Rather is it µTorrent which is not downloading it as it should. Solutions are welcome. Please leave a response if this problem occurs to you too. Thank you. Next time this problem occurs I'll record a full video of the process to make it clearer. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.