Impact on the SSD drive

DSimo

I've been looking around in many forums but it seems everyone has its own opinion about this. Utorrent is installed by default in the Appdata directory, in the OS drive, but i don't want it to save temporary cache files on the SSD, to preserve it. If i set the partial and total download directories inside my storage drive from the program, does the application still write temporary files in my SSD or the problem is completely solved? I might seem a bit paranoid but i'd really like to know.. thanks.

Well for starter that Appdata install contains the data and install customization for ut now the download files that is in the folder utorrent creates. If you don't want to say download files to your Main SSD drive you need to have a second HDD/SSD drive and then you install your utorrent into that drive and there it will save your download to. From what I remember some have said they moved the AppData folder to another drive but had to reset the settings but don't know how successful this was.

Archived