Superseeding option and upload speed

Umat

I am so happy to be using utorrent. Previously i was using bitcomet and moved over to this fabulous client.

The biggest problem i face is that when i am the releaser of files and if i use super seed mode my upload speed drops from 60 kbs to 15 kbs. That is pretty slow. I know that the use of superseed will cut down ur upload speed and reduce torrent efficieny.

In bitcomet this superseeding is done automatically.

Another probs is the slow connectivity to other peers in comparison to other clients. But no complains when u talk about just 4mb ram.

Thanks to the creators of this wonderful client. Hope someone will answer me.

Try increasing the number of upload slots during superseeding.

This works for me with Tornado. Not had chance to test it with this client yet.

It's necessary because of the time the client has to wait to see a piece reported back by each leech. If it can get on with sending to more leechers during this time your total upload speed should improve.

It's necessary because of the time the client has to wait to see a piece reported back by each leech. If it can get on with sending to more leechers during this time your total upload speed should improve.

What do u mean by upload slots. Is that somethingto do with utorrent or my router settings. can u please explain.

What do u mean by upload slots. Is that somethingto do with utorrent or my router settings. can u please explain.

There is a setting for upload slots if you go to Options -> Preferences -> Torrent Options.

Change this to something higher than the current value and see if it helps.

Ok, I've tested this now on a private tracker where only the very best leechers are allowed to join in the first 6 hours... and it was a disaster, even with 12 slots open the speed was up and down like a yo yo. It just waits too long before sending the next piece to each leecher.

No good at all :(

wow I am impressed to see that reply. Thanks a lot. atleast u are working on it and hope to see a better outcome.

thanks wolfie too for that trial. i wantedto try that but could not as i did not release anything recently.

All replies appreciated. I did open more slots and i think that has helped in better and faster connectivity.

8) 8) 8)

Archived