How do you set up utorrent to seed torrents from different drives?

magicka3000

I want to seed different torrents which are stored on different drives?  Could you tell me how to do this please?  So some of them are on the C:, some are on separate external drives.  At the same time, I want any new torrents that I download to store and seed from the external drive.  

I tried doing this already.  I went to add a new torrent in utorrent, found the .torrent file and added it to utorrent.  I then went to set download location and found where I had already downloaded this torrent.  But instead of using that location, it moved the entire thing to the C: because under preferences I have everything to store and seed from the C:.  So is what I'm talking about not possible?  Thanks.  

the torrent content's folder name or file name in the "torrent window" has to be the same as the one on your harddrive otherwise it'll try redownloading it. if these are correct the files will then force recheck before seeding.  people tend to rename files and trying to reseed results in redownloading instead. double check the names and try it again. i'm seeding from my external harddrive so don't give up. i had to learn this(keeping file names the same) on my own lol.

Archived