allocated partially downloaded filed

bluelol

The problem I'm having is utorrent is fully allocating partial files I marked as Don't Download prior to starting the torrent. So a 1mb partial download of a 1gb video uses the full 1gb of harddrive space. Used to be those extra unwanted bits were simply stored in the uTorrentPartFile. I don't know if this is a bug or if my settings somehow got jacked up. I have pre-allocate all files set off. This is only an issue where a torrent piece is shared between wanted & skipped files. I had to turn on the append .!ut due to it triggering on old torrents I'm already seeding.

Any help fixing would be appreciated.

Using version 3.4.2 build (37754)

I see this only fixes new torrents. Is there anyway to fix current torrents? I've deleted the partial files & uTorrentPartFile file, force recheck, then completed the download, but it still regenerated the huge part files. Theres gotta be a workaround. Those partfiles are chewing up a few hundred gbs of space.

They're definitely chewing space & its set to sparse. Restarted utorrent to be sure it was taking effect. Could another setting be conflicting?

append .!ut: checked

pre-allocate: unchecked

sparse file: true

smart sparse hash: true

use partfile: true

compact allocation: true

You're right. Size was 21gb but size on disk is 98mb >.<

Still, any chance I can get that 98mb into the single uTorrentPartFile? Right now its spread throughout 26 incomplete files. If I didn't turn on "append .!ut" then I'd mistake them for 26 800mb files. Its a huge torrent with a lot of huge files and the part files make it hard to manage the files I want. Otherwise, I'll have to stop seeding and delete the numerous unwanted files.

Archived