[38913] uT is downloading pieces for skipped files

LordWolf

Sorting by starting piece #, I have several consecutive files which I have elected to skip.  However when clicking to start the torrent, uT is downloading the first piece for each of those files.  (It's not resuming the download of a piece that was already in progress, it is literally going down the line of 'first piece #'s' and downloading that piece #.)  Not only that but it's not showing green for the piece that it's downloading, though when it's completed, it shows up in blue for the affected file(s).  Simply put, it's ignoring that I am saying to skip those files/pieces and grabbing the pieces (only the first piece of each file).

On top of the fact that they are set to be skipped, the ones marked as 'high (15)' were skipped over (starting piece #'s are lower).  It's skipping files I choose to download and downloading a piece for files I choose to skip.

How are they cross file pieces?  Just to clarify, when sorting by starting piece#, it's not like there's a file I want and then the file after that is skipped and it's first piece is turning blue.  I'm talking about several skipped files in a row where this is happening.  I'm aware that when it's grabbing one file I want, a piece at the end of it may also include the beginning of the next file, so that's not an issue.  But that's not what is happening here.

I also noticed that after it did that, the torrent stopped, saying it was done, but when I checked, it hadn't grabbed any pieces for the files I wanted, so it had to go back to downloading again.

Archived