Finding Peers 0.0% | UDP Trackers not working

Marty9231

Hello everyone,

I have been having issues downloading anything through uTorrent (or Bittorrent, for that matter) for a while now. Today I decided to dive a little deeper into it. I found that all the trackers that DON'T start with "udp://" seem to be connecting, while the UDP ones simply state "Connection timed out." and do nothing.

I tried downloading the Slackware torrents for a test, they work just fine (they use an http:// tracker). I forwarded the correct port for uTorrent and verified it's open, I removed any and all security software for testing purposes and I made all the necessary exceptions in the Windows Firewall.

[DHT] - waiting for announce...
[Local Peer Discovery] - working
[Peer Exchange] - working
udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce - Connection timed out.

The above is what happens for most torrents, the UDP times out, the peer exchange and discovery work and the DHT is waiting for announce...
For some others, it looks like this:

PvSl0bo.png

Http:// trackers work, all the UDPs don't.

Other valuable information might be that on other computers on the same network, downloading works just fine (even without forwarded ports and firewall exceptions). It doesn't seem likely to me that the router is the issue here, but I don't know what else could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marty

Archived