tons of hash fails and bans..help pls!

pounder

Everything was fine with v1.4, but as soon as I upgrade to 1.5 or the new beta I get too many banned peers and hash fails..I see that dlink routers cause this issue, but I have a dlink switch (dss-5+) and it does not have any software for it..these torrents are not bad torrents either..they are from good sites..can anyone help?

Hm... switch... D-Link makes horrible hardware, I'd say that's the cause (not that you didn't already know). Try connecting directly to your modem to confirm.

will do..was going to try that out tonight but ran out of time before work..but in d-link's defence this switch has worked flawlessly for 5-7 years in multiple configurations..I really see no need to change the switch..I love uttorrent, but I can't afford 100 bucks for a decent router right now..

Most computer hardware after 5-7 years is hopelessly obsolete or suffered heat-death (the heat has worked the electronics loose on the circuitboard). Maybe that switch is about toast?

well I think it's more to do with an incompatibility issuse with the switch's protocol..I mean if DMZ mode messes up utorrent on a dlink router then maybe something similar to DMZ mode is on in the switch? the switch functions just fine otherwise..doubtful it's a failing hardware issue..my home network is running through it without a hitch..

I'm not that familiar with switches, but aren't they basically more intelligent hubs? I don't believe they're like routers, so they shouldn't have anything in them other than stuff for directing packets around... At least that's my understanding (might be flawed).

ultima..yeah basically..although when reading the switch's specs they talk about Auto-MDI/MDI-X etc..just didn't know if something in the switch's firmware would be messing with utorrent..guess back to the drawing board..

what do you recommend to test out the ram and HD? I have ruled out the switch..went directly from my modem..actually both modems..to eliminate the modem being the issue..no change from modem change or switch to direct line..

edit..should mention that I don't have a floppy drive..all the testers I have seen need a floppy disk..

IMO its definitely not a RAM or HD issue.

Like I already said on that other topic, I tried the same torrents using utorrent and Azureus in windows (torrent working directory is on partition on first HD), and Azureus in Linux (which is installed on second HD, together with torrent working directory) and got failes on the same pieces.

So basically, i tried using different HDs for downloading of the same torrent, and got errors on the same pieces.

If it is RAM (or even HD), it would shurely manifest in many other ways, not just in downloading of torrents.

In this moment, the most suspicious thing is router. But have no clue why suddenly began focking torrent pieces?

alright i'll check it with spinrite, but like Dusan said it is not manifesting itself in other ways..the PC itself is amazing in performance and I have not had a single issue to show it would be hardware related..i'm willing to check it all out though..

Archived