Open containing folder does nothing

3ogdy

Hi everyone,

I've been using uTorrent for a long time and it's been working great, except that I noticed some strange thing happening lately - the Open Containing Folder option from the contextual menu when you right click on a torrent doesn't seem to work all times. Sometimes it does open the folder, sometimes it just doesn't do anything.

I'm using Clover, which is a program that converts the typical explorer in Windows into a more Chrome-like experience with tabs that can be saved. Could that be the actual issue?
Since the option is supposed to send a request for a path and opening paths from Run works perfectly fine every single time, I don't see why "Open Containing Folder" would stop working randomly.

I tried disabling any kind of protection I could possibly have active on my system to see if that was the problem...to no avail.

BTW, I'm talking about uTorrent 3.4.3 build 40298 32-bit on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
There's enough free RAM available (over 16GB of free RAM) and the HDDs are accessible and virus-free.

Do you know what else I could check for?

DreadWingKnight - Thank you for replying to my post. I'm editing my current post as it seems I can't Quote your post and reply and then I'm told I need 6 more posts or so in order to be able to reply to this topic today or something like that. 

Clover doesn't replace Explorer in its entirety - I mean, if I Win+E, Clover would show up with a tab from Computer, but under Task Manager, there's no Clover.exe, but rather explorer.exe. Multiple explorer.exe actually (most likely because of all the tabs), all pointing to the C:\Windows path, which is the correct one for the clean executable.

Archived