Port wont open/light stays yellow

mx6bfast

I have been working on this for a few days now and I honestly don't know what else to try. I have a yellow light and I keep getting the message the port isn't forwarded.

Per the instructions at www.portforward.com I look for my router Linksys BEFW11S4. I make the changes it says to for uTorrent, then forward a port range in the router settings and click apply. I then re-open uTorrent and enter in a number in the port box that is within the range. When I click apply again, the light stays yellow and a speed test fails. I have allowed both incoming and outgoing traffic for uTorrent from Sygate firewall.

My ip address from the router is the normal 192.168.1.101. The ip address from my Surfboard cable modem from Road Runner is 24.92.x.x. The ip address for my pc doesn't change when I reboot, and my modem only changes when it's powered off or the rg6 cable is disconnected.

I took out the port range in the router and didn't notice any difference. The same with turning on/off DHT. I added the ip addy/dns into my nic card settings that I got from ipconfig/all. No change.

I'm using uTorrent 1.5. Does anyone else know what I can try? I'm getting tired of 10 - 20 kb dl'ds

Even firewalled, on a well-seeded torrent you should still see download speeds at least equal to upload speeds.

Right, so why am I only getting 20 kb when there are 100+ seeds? Why am I only connecting to a small number of them? Is it because my indicator is yellow? How do I get that to change off yellow?

Archived