On Download torrent options

Xilon

It would be very convenient to have a window pop up when downloading a new torrent which asks if the download directory is default (if not you can specify your own) the files that you want to download, and other things like speed limits. Atm if I want to download to a particular desitnation I have to open the torrent manually which is a bit of a pain. This could also clear up the confusion about how to not download certain files.

Damn it! Why do people make things so hard to find through search :( Anyway i've expanded a bit on that suggestion since that thread only talks about choosing files to download. I'm talking about other options aswell, most importantly (for me) the destination path of the download.

I want the default directory to be set, because I don't download all stuff to different directories. For most things I download to the efault folder and only some to a different folder. The other featuers in that window would also be appreciated. And I guess that having this as an option would be great because I also like the way uTorrent handles it currently, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass to have to open the torrent file manually and select the download path, especially if you already started downloading without realising.

• 5 weeks later...

That option is there already ,works fine for me anyway ,simply select folder options in properties ,Tick the "Put dloads in" to box then select the folder you want them to go in , in the little browse.All dloads will then go automatically in that folder and nowhere else .

Argh you guys aren't reading!!

1. I want to be able to choose the directory to which I download when opening a new torrent

2. I want the torrent to download to a default directory if I don't choose a costum directory

3. I don't want to have to browse through the filesystem (uTorrent should really start browsing in the torrents directory [if set] anyway) in order to open a torrent through Add Torrent (no default save)

4. I want to be able to choose the files to download (like in Bitcomet)

5. I want to have similar options to that of the properties window

6. I don't want to have all torrents be added in stopped mode (before anyone suggests that)

umm I think that it. Basically I want an optional popup window upon opening a torrent so that I can change the options of it without having to go through 20 steps (opening with no default save, going to file tab and selecting files, going to properties window etc) because that makes opening a torrent take 5-10 minutes even and it is a bit irritating.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I agree, using one particular torrent group you cannot upload so to keep good ratio you have to keep files in the default download completed folder , as we have a couple of media players in the house I need to catalogue my series etc so I know where to easily find them, at present I have to use twice as much space in order to catalogue and leave them to seed, it would be very handy to be able to select my preferred completed folder for each file so that they can be catalogued properly yet still shared. To my mind this is an extreemly important option.

Archived