µTorrent Namesake

Determination

Ok, maybe I've just been suffering with Windows bloatware for so long, and haven't used programs this small since the '80's, but this just doesn't look right, so I have to ask...

I downloaded the 1.1b88 beta...

I only got 83,456 bytes...

This isn't just a loader? This is the whole program?!

It's just been forever since I've downloaded a program I could fit on a 5-1/4" SS/SD floppy...

This is the whole thing? Did I miss anything here? :)

:lol:

It's the whole program :D

It was designed to be space efficient.

It certainly is that. :)

Tho it ate up a lot of RAM, according to my resource meter, but I'm hoping that was just a symptom of the crash report I made elsewhere on the forum.

-- Smoovious

Did it use a lot of RAM? It only uses around 2MB for me.

We're probably using different environments... next time I try it I'll see if I can find out exactly what is being used with TaskInfo... but yeah, it tied up enough resources to throw my mostly-green resource-meter down to having a single red bar in it...

This happened when I started transferring the torrent's contents...

-- Smoovious

This happened when I started transferring the torrent's contents...

-- Smoovious

Use the windows task manager to see how much memory that has been allocated for Windows' file cache, it's possible that Windows uses your RAM for file caching, and your tool will report low memory because of that.

Use the windows task manager to see how much memory that has been allocated for Windows' file cache, it's possible that Windows uses your RAM for file caching, and your tool will report low memory because of that.

AFAIK, I do not have a task manager... I should be able to find that out with TaskInfo tho...

Will try it again this evening...

-- Smoovious

I say "mu-torrent" (mm-yoo). This is a great program! By the way, how does the data caching work for torrent downloads? Or is the disk accessed instantly when bits need to be written? Azureus uses a lot of memory because of its disk caches. Does your program not use disk caches in memory?

Archived