hard disk overload... please help!

Xterminater

Hey all. I am having a really weird problem and I do not know how to fix it at all!! I am using Vista Ultimate with utorrent 1.6.1 and all the sudden I keep getting disk overload 100% in the status bar and my computer like literally freezes then unfreeze then freeze again, and all my download/upload speed stopped. This NEVER happen before!! I'm using a SATA II hard drive to save the download to. I don't get it, why is it happening. I don't have nvidia firewall or anything of that sort.

Also I upgraded to 1.7 beta and STILL the same thing happen. I then tried the increasing disk cache to 100mb still doesn't work. I left everything default and it doesn't work either. Please help!

I do not have nvidia firewall either!!

I post this on another topic but no mods or admin or the creator of utorrent took a look at so I had to make another one.... please help me!!

Try disabling:

- Reduce memory usage when the cache is not needed

- Write out untouched blocks every 2 minutes

- Write out finished pieces immediately

- Turn off read caching if the upload speed is slow

- Remove old blocks from the cache

Just noticed you have unticked the top option in disk cache settings. There is no point changing the figure in the text box if your going to disable the option. So try enabling that, while at the same time disabling the ones Ultima suggested above. Also how much RAM have you got, how much can you spare, just 100mb?

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate (x32 edition). I have the same problems. My RAM is 2x512MB. Seeding is not a problem. If I download at slow speeds, ~100-200kb/s is fine. But speeds like 2mb/s or more my ram starts to grow up to 100%. If I stop the task, after few seconds cleans the memory (if you calculate it, with only 1GB physical memory utorrent takes ~500MB) Bitcomet is running OK.

I used indication like post#16,but I want to close utorrent ,still remain in task manager and keeps processor about 99%!!!I am very dissapointed! Even I put 700mb for cache,everything uncheck from cache options ,but if I stopped utorrent client ,still running in task!Must restart pc ...What to do?Anyway tracker not keep corectly ratio like ratio shown from utorrent client!What you think is about to reinstall Windows or what?

Archived