utorrent constant errors and getting worse

twinklebull

utorrent used to work perfectly.  About the last 5 or 6 versions have gotten progressively worse.  I can still download and that is absolutely ALL I can do.  (I have never managed to create or upload a torrent; no fault of the program.)  For a while, it would occasionally mess up the transfer from the working to the finished directory.  For a while also, it would occasionally stop seeding a given torrent.  Then for a while it stopped moving anything to the finished directory.  Then it started moving them okay again but leaving the .!ut on the end of all the files.  Now, also, the second a file finishes downloading, uTorrent tells me it can't find the file.  It now transfers all finished files to the finished directory but will seed nothing and tells me it can't find the file.  I wonder what is wrong.  Every new version I get does the same kinds of things a little worse than the last one.  The version I am currently using is 3.4.2.  Any help at all is extremely welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

The errors are as described in my post.  I am not sure what more I could tell you; I tried (and thought I had succeeded) to describe the errors thoroughly.  Can you be more specific as to what you need that I left out?  Thanks for that.  As to the other, I am on a home-built PC which has no brand.  I am running Windows 7, 64 bit; my system info says it is Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601.  Updates are current.

This program actually started giving me problems before my recent reinstallation of Windows but I chalked that up to Windows being (probably) corrupt, as other programs were also giving me problems.  But after the reinstallation of Windows 7, everything else was fixed and this program was still giving me  the problems I described in my original post.  It downloads just fine, then transfers the file, usually also just fine.  It may or may not remove the .!ut, more than half the time, it leaves it.  Then, at any moment (the time varies from almost instantly to minutes and even hours) after saying, "Seeding," the green seeding bar turns a dark red, and the message changes so it reads:  Error: The system cannot find the path specified. (ReadfromDisk.)  Sometimes the (ReadFromDisk) is replaced by (WriteToDisk.) Once it goes to that red bar from the green one, nothing I can do will get the program to allow me to seed that file.  I have tried having the program recheck the file, and it will sometimes start off actually doing that.  Then somewhere along the way, it appears to lose track of the file it is checking and the error message comes back.  Sometimes it never even gets started but goes straight to the error message.

If you need more information, please say very specifically what you need.  I have no feeling that I have responded adequately to your questions, and I certainly want to do that.  Thank you, for both your response here and anything further you can offer.

The errors are as described in my post.

No, that doesn't help anyone know what is going on? Also if you can get a screen shot of the problem that would also help the programmers to see what your asking. And just saying as qouted doesn't tell much of the problem as other uses various version of Ut...I use 2.0.4 still and had no problem using it. So not everyone has the same problem as you or use your same version to know what is the problem.

Archived