big files nas server

geon

I bought a new nas server http://noontec.com/En/Products/MovieHome/N5.html. I use it as a download target for utorrent. Now, when I want to download torrent 2GB+, utorent says that "one or more file exceeded limit for the target" (or something similar).

Might be nas firmware error in nas, but I tried BitComent and it works fine in this issue. There is also no problem to copy big files with Total Commander files, there is no problem to play big files with vlc. So more propabaly it is some misconfiguration in utorrent.

Thank you very much for help.

configuration: xpssp3, utorrent 2.2.1 or 3.0, nas sever gigalink n5

1> We don't recommend saving directly to network attached storage regardless

2> If the filesystem is FAT or FAT32, you'll get this error. If it's FAT32, you'll get it if a single file in the torrent is over 4GB

3> If the filesystem on the NAS is not FAT32 but the NAS is reporting it as FAT32, then there's a bug in your NAS and not in uT.

I have found another very similar issue ragarding big files on nas server. If there is already a big file (2GB+) on nas server and I try to create torrent in uT choosing the big files (or the folder with big file) I get similar error message like "one or more file exceeded limit for the target". So just another place in uT where this issue occurs.

Thank you.l

Archived