Magnets not working

77ZenNinja

I click on magnets and I get nothing. After awhile I get pop ups with a message that utorrent is using to much memory storage. After that the computer usually freezes up. I am using vista with a dual core. I went to programs and I didn't see a Nvidia firewall and I don't know how to go to task menu to change the settings to one core or even if that's what I need to do. I've read some previous forums that seem close to what I have experienced but I don't really know. I also had a problem where I couldn't deleate utorrent because it said that it was still open in other programs and memory usage was to high. I bought some soft ware to fix the registry (PC Maestro). Deleated utorrent and reinstalled it. I don't know what to do next to fix it.

77ZenNinja: If you cannot even open uTorrent - what does it have to do with magnets? What is your OS version? Oops Vista. What version of uTorrent? Do you get any error messges (if windows - event log)? Are you an adminstrator account on that PC? Try to provide enough information so someone can help you.

77ZenNinja: I still do not get what your problem is? What does Magnets have to do with zip files? We seem to be talking about different things. You need to make yourself clear. What exactly did you do (the steps you took)? And what is the result?

If your are talking about content (data, such as a zip file you downloaded), that is beyond the scope of this fourm. However, let me jst say there is no guarrantee the data you download is valid. It really depends on creator. They could have messed up the zip file and seeded bad data. And for all the wanting in the world, there is nothing you can do about it. Try to find the file (what ever you are looking for) in another torrent. Even then there may not be enough (or any) seeders and you may never get it. Life goes on. Perhaps someone else will seed what you want at a future date.

But please do not post under "Magnets not working" unless it has to do with magnets.

It seems like utorrent is already running, but not responding

Please close all utorrent processes and try again.

That was the message that I recieved recently. The reason i posted under magnets not working is because thats when I figured out that there was a problem I clicked on the magnet and nothing happend, when I posted I could get utorrent to open and now I can't. There are no processes to close. If I knew what the problem was I would have posted as said problem. Before I deleted utorrent and reinstalled it again I would recieve messages like utorrent is using 467896000 mb and unable to process<as close as I can remember. Do I need to open (win+R) and how do I do that?

Archived