Downloads not starting from RSS feeds.

BastardSheep

uTorrent 1.8.7 (40398) running on OSX 10.10.5.  Everything has been working perfectly for a while, I cannot recall any changes being made at about the time this problem started. 

I have numerous RSS feeds and smart RSS filters set up to collect downloads that are regularly released.  In the last week or so, they've stopped downloading though.  The file appears in the RSS smart filter, I can right-click on it and select "Start Downloading", and absolutely nothing will happen.  If I browse to the website I get this from and click on the magnet link or download the .torrent file, everything works beautifully.  The whole point though is to have this task automated and zero touch.  Doing it manually daily is not an option.

uTorrent and the system itself have been rebooted.  I've tried recreating the smart feed.  Download & completed directories exist and have been recreated, as has the directory uTorrent downloads .torrent files to.  The app itself has write access. 

I'm open to all suggestions and questions.

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, I'm still within the one-post-per-day postlimit restrictions.  Understandable rule, I'll live. :)

If I open the RSS feed in a web browser and click on the link to the .torrent file then my web browser downloads the .torrent file.  If there's different/other/more specific tests you'd like me to run to confirm whether it's the program or the RSS feed at fault please let me know.

Archived