Many Common and Public Trackers are, Connection Timed Out.

chars123

Hello, I'm very new to this forum (and I hope I put this topic in the right section!)

Now I have a problem, many of the common trackers like "udp://open.demonii.com:1337 (invalid url thing, seems dead)"
"udp://exodus.desync.com:6969" "udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80" are connection timed out. Luckily this tracker udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969 is apparently still working and is the only tracker saving my ass in downloading torrents. I dunno why, makes my downloads slow. Can anyone help me how to solve this "Connection Timed Out" stuffs?  Thank you very much! 

The Picture below is an example...

Capture.PNG

Quite often, for one reason or another, trackers simply go off-line only to be working again at a later time and/or date.

The invalid one is due to the *. You can edit the entry and remove the *.

Most torrents will download using DHT alone anyway.

I generally delete all trackers before I download. I read recently (I forget exactly where now) that trackers can identify a bittorrent user very quickly.

Using DHT alone may take days to identify a user - by which time you most likely will have stopped seeding.

3 hours ago, chars123 said:

About the * thing the method works but then after the connection timed out appears. Well well well.... Deleting the torrents before downloading also didn't work....

If the connection times out then the tracker is off-line (for one reason or another).

Why did you delete the torrents?

9 minutes ago, mike20021969 said:

If the connection times out then the tracker is off-line (for one reason or another).

Why did you delete the torrents?

I meant that I deleted the trackers before downloading, like you said, and then I'll add the trackers manually....

And about the trackers, I've searched the open demonii tracker is dead, actually a lot of well-known public trackers (before, not today) are dead. You can also see the website in thepiratebay.org trackers  (the 4 trackers I mentioned) that the seeds of many torrents dropped, and with 1 tracker remaining active the coppersurfer it's hanging by a thread, and when that thing is dead, the torrents in thepiratebay will start to go dead as well. It's sad. Openbittorrent is dead, but the website is still up, so probably they are going to fix it, hopefully. it was first issued in the opentracker project forum last 22 days ago.

Oh yeah thanks for helping. A bit of research did and there was nothing wrong with the internet/firewall. It's sad that public trackers are going dead. Though I have now downloaded the updated working trackers list from github and opentracker project.

Topic answered!!!

Trackers come and go some vanish and some die other goes offline and never come back. That is the nature of torrents/trackers if no one seeds then it dies. And since utorrent has nothing to do with trackers then this thread goes nowhere. So if you have problems then you need to contact the torrent creator or torrent file site and complain about the problem or lack of trackers. So this request help goes beyond the scope of utorrent and is a tracker support site issue.

Archived