Upgrade to version 1.6 -> System randomly crashes

Sharku

I've just upgraded to 1.6 (473) and since then my system (xp SP2 512 MB 1.25 TB) has crashed 4 times. Same effect each time. I don't get a BOD or other message the system hangs and the screen is corrupted. No error message in event viewer at all.

The only change on the system was to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6.

As a note while running the new version seems to run faster.

(As a side question -> Is there any way to get the software to check multiple files at the same time? With each crash it has to fo back and check each of my downloads (about 10) each time and since mode of them are very large (8-40gb) it takes forever to do them sequentialy. Can they be done in parallel)

The only thing the machine is used for is this software

Thanks,

Sharku.

I don't get a BOD or other message the system hangs and the screen is corrupted. No error message in event viewer at all.

You've turned off the automatic restart in system properties - advanced - startup and recovery settings?

Can they be done in parallel

Hashing is CPU-bound. Running multiple hash checks in parallel won't get you any speed boosts.

Yes auto restart is off. The system does not restart it just hangs with the crashed video until I power down the system and restart.

As to the hashing. I understand that they would be cpu bound but the sytem is only using on average 12% cpu. I've checked the diskio stats and I don't seem to be io bound either. memmory is at about 70%. If more mem will help the app I can bump is to a GIG of core.

It looks like the program is trying to behave (good) but I would like to be able to tell it to use more resouces.

Archived