Don't have static IP Address, so I can't configure my router!

Pax3

Hy everybody,

well, it happens that I don't have a static IP Address, which means I can´t configure my Aolynk router! I followed the the port forwarding guide, but it didn't work! Second time I tried I noticed a note saying that I had to have a static ip adrdess for the procedures to have effect.

My internet provider says I have to go through a lot o burocracy to get one, and that I have to pay.

Does this mean that I wont be able to use uTorrent properly?:(

I followed the guide, but when it comes to the part that I have to configure the static ip address, the guide says I have to run "command" and do some other stuff that I really never gotten into, since I get the following error:

"The system file is not suited to run ms-dos and ms windows applications."

However, i tried introducing both my "normal" ip address in my router configuration (normal by oposition to static, I don't know what's the name) which resulted in an error.

I gave it one last try, and introduced the ip address that comes in my router's pdf file, the ip address to configure it (the one I have to write in my browser to access the configuration). This was just a lucky shot, I didn´t quite knew what I was doing :P, but this time the router didn´t come up with an error and I was able to add a reserved mapping!

However, when I tried uTorrent again, still I got a red icon!The speed ain't that bad (but still nothing special).

I guess there's nothing much I can do, or is it?

"I guess there's nothing much I can do, or is it?"

it is! but that requires that you either really understand this IP thingy and that you have more then one you must deal with on your way into the internet. so you either start again

step by step with carefully(!) reading the protforwarding progression (or ask some tech geeky that does this things blindfoldet while he is sleeping) ;)

http://www.portforward.com/help/pfprogression.htm

Grrrr!Somehow my "ipconfig" command doesn't work!:| Stupid computer...

However I know which is my internal IP Address, AND used it to create a rule to open ports in my router, but still I have the hideous red light in uTorrent! The rule is created, everything went fine. I Followed the guide, but still no results!

Archived