uTorrent no longer loading after updating wifi driver: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3160

amby73

Hi folks

Looked through the forums for help beforehand but couldn't find anything.

My wifi on my laptop died the other day. Googling on another device recommended reinstalling the wifi driver for the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160. I did this and wifi worked again!

But ever since uTorrent won't load. I try running it and nothing happens. I run as admin and nothing. I've tried going into the control panel to uninstall uTorrent (to reinstall) and again... nothing happens. I tried this again and again and again. Nothing. 

This is driving me crazy. Thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

I tried again and this time got the following error:

C:\users\Amby73\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

When I then go in and try running uTorrent.exe as administrator, it shows in the Task Manager, but just in Background processes for a few seconds and then disappears. As mentioned above when in Control Panel I right click on it to uninstall, but literally nothing happens.

Thanks DreadWingKnight for asking. Hope you know what I need to do.

Norton Internet Security.

I just tried uninstalling uTorrent again to try installing a newer version and got the following Norton message while in Control Panel:

"An intrusion attempt by download: lb.utorrent.com was blocked"

----------------------------------------

UPDATE 12 HOURS LATER:

@DreadWingKnight for some strange reason I can't respond to your message so have to edit this one. Totally agree Norton is being stupid. But beyond acknowledging their stupidity, how I can correct this problem?

Checked Norton's security history and its giving these messages:

Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter Teredo tunneling Pseudo Interface IP address: fe80::835:346d:abef:1d86%7

and

IP address has dissappeared from adapter Teredo tunneling Pseudo Interface IP address: 2001::9d38:33cc:8593:5308

• 4 weeks later...

Archived