A way to "recheck" all seeds/leeches

SirLucifer

I've noticed that when µTorrent (v1.6) "staled" (downloading), restarting it will actually restart some downloads.

It would be nice to be able to re-check all known clients, either by torrent or all, or maybe both, preferrably without disconnecting active downloads.

Shouldn't be too hard, right? ;)

Well, my experience tell me that something isn't quite working like that... Sorry.

Restarting µTorrent will, more often than not, find more online clients, and also connect to them.

Why harder? You already got the list(s) of available clients, right? Simply run through that/those list(s) and try to connect. Aw well, I don't have to source(s), so I can't tell how it's made up.

Anyway, it's a great client, even if there still is room for improvements (as with all software)! ;)

Connecting to more peers (even if it's just to poll their status) will just add more overhead without getting any real benefit, especially if distribution levels prevent you from progressing.

Well, my experience tell me that something isn't quite working like that... Sorry.

Just because you don't SEE the polling, it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Maybe so, but can You then explain this scenario:

- Looking at µTorrent, I got *nothing* downloading.

- Shutting down µTorrent, waiting a few seconds for it to close/clean up.

- Starting µTorrent again. (Note: *No* system restart, only client)

- Got at least five connected clients and downloading!

Magic? I don't think so...

And please, don't tell me that "all" of them accidentily came online, or got open slots, the second I came back online.

Archived