Feature request: add a moderator here! (nt)

zodium

Which totals up to three people.

Just by having more mods isnt going to get the developers attention even more (WiseRatio ? :P) nor prevent people from asking already answered questions and making requests for features already requested.

Why not? Instead of us sometimes looking rude replying "already discussed in 4 differents thread, do a search, bla bla" a mod could merge those thread...

So you saw my previous wink to you and remained quiet.. :-) I quit asking for it, I just talk of my idea, sometimes, when someone suggest an idea for ratio managment.

I even visit the forum less often because for me, utorrent does what I need already.

For now I use a fixed 1:1 and if a torent is over 1GB I quit when I have it complete and must go AFK. I would just share a little more with better management but I'm not alone on earth sharing so I think I'm way nicer than many...

Still, always nice to read the changes made with every release... hope it won't reach 1.7.8 in the sens that I hope they are only fixing what's could be bug and soon stop adding more and more options.

personally if i was a mod, then i would just close any repeat topics with the explination "LOOK UP THERE. IS IT A BIRD, IS IT A PLANE, NO ITS THE FCKIN SEARCH BUTTON, USE IT"

Maybe its better that you aren't a mod. It takes a certian finese to be a mod at a growing forum, and cursing users won't get the job done. I agree that the repeat requests and lack of common sense is quit obnoxious at times, but that really isn't the right way to handle it.

Has anyone seriously looked into writing a simple PHP page to control the growing list of feature requests?

The PHP page would list existing requests, allow users to vote/comment on those requests, and submit new requests. All new requests would be moderated so that only unique (not before posted) requests make it through.

Or simpler, doesn't PHPBB allow a forum to be 'moderated' so that new topics are not posted to the public until authorized by a moderator? That would clean out the trash pretty fast.

Archived