What reply from a host generates a "working" reply?

icebox

It's a utorrent issue.  It's a question about what happens that will cause a torrent client to give a reply that a torrent is working.  It has to do with tracker - client interaction, and I'm asking not because I'm having a problem with a torrent, thanks much.  I want to know this because I'm trying to figure out why suddenly people (Including me when I tried it) are now seeing "working" replies when they connect to an address that our site no longer uses.  It's possible the new site owner, who appears to be a shady group, set up a torrent tracker, or I'm wondering if other software could generate the image that you have a working torrent.  I can't get "support" from the new site as their whois info is hidden and I don't have any real desire to contact them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a utorrent "issue" because "working" is a message the client displays.  The client will display this message in certain situations.  I'm trying to figure out what those situations are.  I don't think the program is malfunctioning.  I'm asking about normal program behavior.  This is a simple information request, nothing more.  I don't know why this is so hard, but no one with knowledge is answering.

If your not going to contact the torrent host site then there is nothing utorrent can do with bad torrents. This is also simple utorrent follows how that torrent is set and created and if the host site is wrong or bad trackers then it's up to the user to contact the site to fix the bad torrent.

Archived