Is there a worm?

SkullandBones

Hello, I have searched and can't find a relevant subject.

I have discovered a problem today, basically Prevx has blocked my utorrent 1.6 as it says there is a worm present.

Here is a screenshot what I am getting from Prevx:

utorrentproblemii9.th.jpg

Sorry to report this but could it be a problem at my end? If so please pm/email me and delete this thread

thanks in advance :)

Prevx is very obtrusive... when I last tried it, it just kept giving dumb warnings all over the place. Of course, that was a few years ago, when I didn't know much better and loaded my computer with a bunch of junk "security" software. Nowadays, a good antivirus and a software firewall (the latter I'm even starting to phase out of usage on my computer) is all I need for security. Combined with a little bit of "common" sense, my computer feels a lot more free, and breathes a lot more easily. And so do I, not getting those annoying false positives.

• 3 weeks later...

is it really thinking utorrent.exe itself is malware, or is more likely that it found the signature for the worm in that persons utorrent.exe ? or does it find it in ALL utorrent.exe? my av program never has. I guess I'm too paranoid, but if I had something telling me that, I'd do a lot of checking.

Archived