Unable To Control Bandwidth Used Upload or Download

Mike H

Going into Settings>Bandwidth and setting the Global bandwidth settings does not slow down uploads or downloads.  Right-clicking a torrent and manually setting the limits also has no effect.  I have BitTorrent Speed setup but turned off.  I receive very little in the way of BTT for seeding.  It's to the point that as much bandwidth as I'm sharing it isn't worth it.  In order to play an online game I am forced to pause all torrents and restart them once I am done.  Why is uTorrent not restricting bandwidth usage to the limits I set?  It completely ignores them.  I am using uTorrent 3.5.5 build 45838 with BitTorrent Speed enabled but turned off. 

Utorrent Settings.jpg

Really?  Nobody else has this issue, and nobody else has any idea how to solve it?  I posted this for awhile now.  If I am forced to run the torrent client wide open, I can't do anything else on the PC because all of my bandwidth is consumed by uTorrent.

12/12/20 - I finally after not receiving any help with this by either emailing the contact email for feedback or posting in this forum gave up trying to control the speed and opened it up wide open and turned BitTorrent Speed back on.  I had hoped to earn tokens, but I suppose that really isn't the purpose of BitTorrent Speed anyway.  If anyone ever does answer me I would appreciate a response.  I can see that at least 3 people have viewed my post, so it must have been approved by the moderators or who knows.  Thanks to the people that took the time to have a look at this.  At this time I have both upload and download set to unlimited, total upload and download torrents set to 20, and total download torrents set to 5 thinking it would work better.  I followed a YouTube tutorial video on how to set it up to run faster as well, so we'll see.  So far I'm not seeing much in the way of speed from my downloads though.  If anybody knows the web address of a wiki that explains the BitTorrent Speed interface I would love to read it.  Thanks.

Mike H

• 1 month later...

Dude, this is a user help forum. Those using this site aren't committed to answer nor respond to request unless they can figure what is happening. If you want to just lookup torrent in wikipedia and read about it. I am only now responding in 2021  because the way your imposing your request is as though users on here are obligated to do your request and that to me is why there is lack of reply til now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived