Torrents list disappeared

mr-brunes

Hi

My PC crashed and then at reboot utorrent prompted me to update to 3.5.5 build 46010, but after updating I've discovered that my torrents list is now empty!

I don't know if the crash  or app update hosed it.

I looked under prefs and the directories are all configured as normal. So where have all my torrents gone?

I tried loading an existing torrent and it loads fine but obvs I don't want to go through this for each one.

Many tx for that useful info. I had quite a few named resume.dat.[big-number].bad dating back quite a while (years even). Unfortunately the only recent-ish one didn't seem to work afer I'd renamed it, so I guess the clue was in the filename!

Wish there as an easy automatic method of cloud backup for these important config files. Yes I know one can DIY these things but one has to know all the relevant files and then setup a script etc.

E2A: Ok I've just seen your tip T! :-)

uTorrent sees it as "corrupt"  (bad checksum).  There is no log. A likely root reason is some problem during saving it (like crash, or shutdown of the exe).

You can try to open the .bad with BEncode utility and save it again. Maybe you will get lucky...

Archived