Problems downloading

COKEDUDE

I have downloaded many torrents using utorrent while having Zone Alarm running or disabled for about a year. Last week I downloaded [specifics removed] and [specifics removed] with no problem and had Zone Alarm running. Right now I am trying to download [specifics removed]. I absolutely hate using BITCOMET but right it is working on downloading [specifics removed]. I have never heard of openoffice or slackware.

I have a couple of questions. Where do I get openoffice and slackware? What is so special about openoffice and slackware? And finally am I not allowed to list programs? It was weird to me that you removed my programs.

I forgot to also ask what firewall should I use instead of Zone Alarm? Every time I have deleted Zone Alarm off my computer I have gotten a virus.

<edit by moderator: The edit button exists for a reason. Use it instead of double-posting>

I linked the OpenOffice and Slackware torrent pages in This post in this thread.

There are a list of firewalls people have used with uT and succeeded, but ZA isn't one of them. If the firewall is listed on the FAQ's incompatible software list, don't use it. Norton and McAfee firewalls are also not recommended (because most viruses can take them down easily).

Are you able to play online games or do other internet activities that require port-forwarding?

Openoffice and Slackware are just free-to-use (for home users) commercial software that is being hosted by EXTREMELY fast seeders. If you cannot totally max out the download side of your connection...then something may be wrong! So they make very good tests to determine if bittorrent is working correctly.

Please find out who your ISP is. Some are very hostile towards BitTorrent -- blocking it, throttling it, or otherwise interfering with it in more subtle ways...and make it feel like it's your fault so you quit using the "horribly slow Bittorrent stuff".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived