Banning and failed Hash marks in the logger...

gondolf

Under the "logger" tab I see numerous "Banned and (address info)" listings appear. Why are these addresses banned and why is this info relayed to the logger?

Also are failed hash checks on files reloaded? Does this have an effect on the download? Do I have to do anything? Will I ever stop asking questions?

???-Thanks

gondolf

if the IP addresses with the enormous ammounts of material (ehm I mean hashfails) are in the 38.100.x.x range, then the cause is that these are the guys from MediaSentry that willfully poison torrents. you might want to add their poisoning address range into the ipfilter.dat file if you think it is boring to waste so much bandwith useless with their fakedata before they got autobanned by µT

(See FAQ regarding ipfilter.dat)

209.195.0.0 - 209.195.63.255 , 000 , SmokeBlower Networks, Xilogix LLC (Fakefiletracker from them)

204.11.19.4 - 204.11.19.4 , 000 , FakeTracker

64.124.145.0 - 64.124.145.127 , 000 , Media Sentry or such fake file assholes

38.100.15.0 - 38.100.27.255 , 000 , Media Sentry or such fake file assholes

208.10.29.0 - 208.10.29.255 , 000 , DONet,Inc Fakefilesassholes

208.10.23.0 - 208.10.23.255 , 000 , DONet,Inc Fakefilesassholes

Hit at least one time Return after the last line, or that line will not be used in the filter!

Edit: typo

• 1 month later...

is it possible to use peerguardian 2 to block all of them, if so, please post the blocklist here, so we could use them.

1 question: when the pg2 default p2p blocklist updates, does that mean that its updating the entire available blocklist on the internet, or only those on their database. if this is so, how would we know which bloacklist is good for use, as some may block out potential seeders as well, and slow down the download speed.

jacky1990 since PG2 has millions of IPs in its blocklist it is very likely that those mentioned here are also in it. (you can look inside the blocklist yourself by opening the simple textfile in wordpad i guess and have a search for the specific numbers)

But be aware that these lists are a) totally useless to protect you against RIAA/MPAA ect. investigators and B) have many entries in it where someone might ask "why this IP?"

So in other words; yes, by using one of the public lists you are blocking many potential friendly peers but on the other hand you have NO protection against copyright enforcement bodies in case you think about these public filterlists as help to commit copyrightinfringements; http://neuron2neuron.blogspot.com/2006/05/blocklist-balderdash.html

Your question regarding updates you might ask in the bluetack forums. Those smart guys there (they even blocked µT willfully a while ago) might can help you with that!

Bluetack (B.I.S.S.) forums: http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php

As µtorrent-Guest stated, these blocklists do indeed deprive their users of legitimate peers, such as myself when my German ISP freenet started assigning 89.xxx.yyy.zzz dynamic IPs which were considered "bogon" by Bluetack (I was even blocked from accessing their web site).

Archived